Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Moving to WordPress.com

New Address:

http://calvin998.wordpress.com/

After much consideration and comparison, I decided to move to WordPress.com for my personal blog hosting. That was a difficult decision and I hope Blogger may have the features I like in the future.

What's good about WordPress.com is that:
  • more powerful editing option. Image formating is more convinient.
  • updated images saved in same blog, instead of in picasaweb.
  • import and export tools so it makes it easy to move your blog to and from this hosting, and make local backup.
Even blogger is better than WordPress.com at following, overall WorkPress.com still meet my needs better:
  • allow customize CSS (well, I'm OK with the current theme I have there. Acceptable.)
  • allow Google adsense (my personal space won't generate much traffic anyway, and I don't want my site looks too commercial).
  • support email to blog (this will really be a loss for me. But since WordPress.com is not blocked in my company network, it's still OK).
I still leave my joke collection blog here. Email to blog is really convenient, as I can archive those funny stories with minimum efforts. Some of the Blogger's editing interface is really cool.

No comments: